HSBC's shipping branch in Piraeus was founded in 1981 in order to satisfy the needs of shipping companies and other businesses involved in shipping, by offering a wide range of effective, competitive and reliable services.
Through the Commercial Banking Centre - Shipping, which is part of the international financial services organisation, you can take advantage of the long experience and shipping sector know-how and achieve your goals.
With more than 6,200 branches in 74 countries, the HSBC Group network creates a significant advantage in the facilitation of shipping services and becomes a valuable source of information for clients. The HSBC Group is one of the largest lenders towards the shipping industry worldwide.
HSBC's banking services for the shipping industry
As an HSBC shipping services client, you can benefit from:
- Ship mortgage loans for vessel acquisition financing
- Financial guarantees in conjunction with new-building projects
Operating accounts/payment services
- Current accounts in most major currencies, including the option for a multi-currency account
- Call accounts in most major currencies without advance notice requirements
- Foreign currency conversion at competitive rates (spot and forward transactions)
- Payment services through an extensive network of corresponding banks worldwide
- Operational guarantees in connection with claims related to vessel liabilities. The timely and orderly issuance of these guarantees is greatly facilitated by the Group's international network
- Fixed term deposits in most currencies
- Products allowing shipping companies to cover the foreign exchange risk related to the discrepancy between the currency denomination of their income (US dollars) and their expenses (in different currencies)
- Products allowing shipping companies to benefit or to protect themselves from a particular interest rate environment
- Expertise in dealing with complicated issues related to vessel financing using sophisticated structures, in conjunction with HSBC Investment Bank
- Consultancy services for the public listing of shipping companies on international stock markets
- Asset Management